Monday, August 17, 2009

Heavenly Host

I have met a man with wings like a dove and the kindest of smiles. His name is Mister Setheus Angel, but he asked me to call him "Just Seth". Miah told me that I should always be respectful to everyone no matter who they are, and especially to my elders, and I'm pretty sure that Setheus is my elder, so I should be extra polite to him. But he also wants me to call him by an informal name, so I am confused, and besides I only ever nicknamed my twin Nehemiah. Miah would know the right thing to call my new friend Setheus Angel, if Miah were still here, even though Miah said there's no such thing as angels, but I know that's what Setheus is because he told me that angels exist if I believe in them. So I do believe.
But Mister Setheus has great big soft wings, like a bird, and birds are my favorite because they are never cross or mean or sad, they just are, and they always sing even when bad things happen. Setheus has one twitchy wing and I caught a feather that fell off of it. I don't know why, maybe his wings looked so soft and pretty that I wanted to keep part of them for myself, but I didn't want Setheus to know that I had taken one of his wing-feathers, so I tucked it very fast into my pocket and didn't offer it back. I feel very bad about it now, I guess I should tell him that I have it in case he's missing it, I don't think he will be mad. He is very kind and even took me to a restaurant in Paris that never lets me have even their scraps, and he gave me a whole meal, all to myself. I haven't eaten so much in a long time.
I hope Ishrael can meet my new friend soon. Maybe Setheus Angel will be able to help Ishrael. Angels can do magic, right?

No comments: